°

Shocking Bills

Shocking Bills

 Sponsored Links
 ∇

Shocking Electricity BillsShocking Electric Bill

Woman receives massive 'electric shock' and survives

Mrs Alison Turner from Cambridge, England opened her electricity bill and received an enormous shock. Her bill demanded a payment of £90,454,217 [$175,000,000 USD]

Mrs Turner was stunned when she opened the bill from her electricity suppliers Npower, particularly since she pays as you go by using a meter. 'I shouldn't even be getting any bills from them because I pay in advance,' she instructed reporters.

Will and Guy have worked out that to have a bill that large, Npower's 13p per unit tariff, then Alison would have to consume 700 million units to rack up a £90 million bill, which, even if she operated a domestic electric blast furnace consuming 1000 units per day, would take almost 2,000 years. Alison, 50, commented, 'I know electricity bills have gone up recently, but this is ridiculous. I was shocked to say the least.'

Shocking Bills - Electricity

We are pleased to pass on to our readers that Npower have since cancelled the bill.

Freddy the Cat Almost Gets the Shock of His Life Freddy the Cat Almost Gets Shock of His Life

Will and Guy have discovered that poor Freddy spent almost 24 hours trapped on 25 foot high power lines in Amesbury, Wiltshire, England.  He was seen, hanging on and using up one of his nine lives, straddling the earth wire with the rest of him inches from the live wires which undoubtedly would have electrocuted him had he touched them.

Southern Electric Engineers, the RSPCA [Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals] and the Fire Service rescued Freddy and sent him scuttling home with a note attached to his collar.  Just how Freddy did not suffer a fatal electric shock is a mystery know only to St Gertrude the patron saint of cats.

Freddy's owner agrees that he is a scamp and suggests that it won't be long before his gets up to more mischief.  Guy thinks that the picture above right shows the sinister menace of an impending shock.Nasty Shock

¤

The Funny Tale of the Gas Bill

Commenting on a complaint from a Mr Arthur Purdey about a large gas bill, a spokesman for North Westgas told Will and Guy, 'We agree it was rather high for the time of year.  It's possible Mr Purdey has been charged for the gas used up during the explosion that destroyed his house.'

Funny Electrical Safety Picture

Two workmen were digging foundations when one of them started shouting and jumping about.  The other one thought his partner had hit an underground power cable and was being electrocuted so following good health and safety practice used a shovel to separate him from the electricity.

Luckily for the first worker he wasn't getting an electric shock but was panicking after a wasp had flown up his trousers.  Fortunately he didn't get stung, but the second worker hit him so hard with the shovel that his shoulder was dislocated.

Funny Electrical Safety Picture

 

Footnote:
Please send us your shocking bills

If you like this page then please share it with your friends

 


See more silly people, their jokes and pictures:

Silly funny jokes   • Funny office disasters   • Stupid things to do   • Passport photo   • Anger

Payback   • Activities   • Hold your breath   • Circus strongwoman   • Late for work   • Sleepy

Monday to Friday   • Stress management   • Shocking bills   • Silly bug   • Romantic dinner   • Home