Answers to November Dates Quiz
- 1512 Michelangelo finishes the Sistine chapel and opens the doors
to the public. (100 Years)
- 1520 Magellan is the first to sail around the tip of South America.
- 1947 Howard Hughes flies the 'Spruce Goose' for the one and only time. (20 Years)
- 1913 USA introduces income tax for the first
time. (50 Years)
- 1922 Howard Carter finds open King Tutankhamen's tomb in the Valley of the Kings, Egypt. (30 Years)
- 1935 The Parker Brothers release
the board game Monopoly. (25 Years)
- 1985 The 'Irangate' scandal breaks. President Regan authorised arms to Iran. (10 Years)
- 1867 In which year was Marie Curie born? [Two time Nobel prize winner for work with Radioactivity.](30
- 1605 The Gun Powder plot. Guy Fawkes caught in the parliament cellar. (100 Years)
- 1895 Wilhelm
Röntgen discovers x-rays. (40 Years)
- 1985 Garry Kasparov becomes the youngest world chess champion.
- 1792 The foundation stone is laid for the White House in Washington DC. (80 Years)
- 1992 The Church of England allows women to become priests. (10 Years)
- 1990 Tim Berners-Lee publishes his blue-print for the World Wide
Web. (10 Years)
- 1002 St. Brice's Day massacre. King Ethelred ordered the killing of all Danes in England. (200 Years)
- 1922 The BBC (British Broadcasting Company) begins its radio transmission in England.
- 1533 Pizarro
arrives in Cuzco, Peru. (75 Years)
- 1384 Jadwiga is crowned King of Poland. Strangely, Jadwiga is a woman. (200 Years)
- 1970 Douglas Engelbart obtains a patent for the first computer mouse. (10
- 1954 Colonel Nasser becomes
president of Egypt. (20 Years)
- 1421 The seawall at the Zuider Zee dike breaks, flooding villages and killing about 10,000 people in the Netherlands. (200 Years)
- 1863 President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address
at a dedication at the cemetery in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- 1902 Desgrange and Lefèvre dream up the idea of a Tour de France bike race.
- 1905 Albert Einstein publishes his paper explaining: E = mc².
- 2005 Angela Merkel becomes the first female Chancellor of Germany. (10 Years)
- 1963 John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. (5 Years)
- 1859 Charles Darwin publishes the Origin of Species.
- 1867 Alfred Nobel
patents dynamite. (60 Years)
- 1941 President Franklin Roosevelt signs a bill establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day. (25 Years)
- 1095 Pope Urban II announces the First Crusade.
- 1919 Lady Astor is
the first woman to sit in the United Kingdom Parliament. (30 Years)
- 1984 Band Aid releases the record: 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' (15 Years)
- 1886 The Folies Bergère opens and performs its first revue.
- Which date in November is Bonfire Night? 5th of November
- Which date in November is Remembrance day? 11th of November
- Which date in November is St Andrew's Day? 30th of November
If you like this page then please share it with your friends
Try another month, and guess some more dates:
Name That Year • Jan •
• Special Day Events •
Special Day Today •