November Dates Quiz
Will and Guy have a surprise - there are no jokes
on this page, just a challenge to you; can you name that year?
All these 33 events happened in November -
But in which year?
The values in brackets is the leeway that
I give you.
For example: The Russo (Russian) - Japanese War starts. (10 years)
Exact answer: 1904, leeway 1894-1914.
- Michelangelo finishes the Sistine chapel and opens the doors
to the public. (100 years)
- Magellan is the first to sail around the tip of South America.
- Howard Hughes flies the 'Spruce Goose' for the one and only time. (20 years)
- USA introduces income tax for the first
time. (50 years)
- Howard Carter finds open King Tutankhamen's tomb in the Valley of the Kings, Egypt. (30 years)
- The Parker Brothers release
the board game Monopoly. (25 years)
- The 'Irangate' scandal breaks. President Regan authorised arms to Iran. (10 years)
- In which year was Marie Curie born? [Two time Nobel prize winner for work with Radioactivity.](30
- The Gun Powder plot. Guy Fawkes caught in the parliament cellar.
- Wilhelm Röntgen discovers x-rays. (40 years)
- Garry Kasparov becomes the youngest world chess champion. (10 years)
- The foundation stone is laid for the White House in Washington DC. (80 years)
- The Church of England allows women to become priests. (10 years)
- Tim Berners-Lee publishes his blue-print for the World Wide
Web. (10 years)
- St. Brice's Day massacre. King Ethelred ordered the killing of all Danes in England. (200 years)
- The BBC (British Broadcasting Company) begins its radio transmission in England.
arrives in Cuzco, Peru. (75 years)
- Jadwiga is crowned King of Poland. Strangely, Jadwiga is a woman. (200 years)
- Douglas Engelbart obtains a patent for the first computer mouse. (10
- Colonel Nasser becomes
president of Egypt. (20 years)
- The seawall at the Zuider Zee dike breaks, flooding villages and killing about 10,000 people in the Netherlands. (200 years)
- President Abraham Lincoln delivers the Gettysburg Address
at a dedication at the cemetery in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
- Desgrange and Lefèvre dream up the idea of a Tour de France bike race.
- Albert Einstein publishes his paper explaining: E = mc².
- Angela Merkel becomes the first female Chancellor of Germany. (10
- John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas. (5 years)
- Charles Darwin publishes the Origin of Species.
- Alfred Nobel
patents dynamite. (60 years)
- President Franklin Roosevelt signs a bill establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day. (25 years)
- Pope Urban II announces the First Crusade.
- Lady Astor is
the first woman to sit in the United Kingdom Parliament. (30 years)
- Band Aid releases the record: 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' (15 years)
- The Folies Bergère opens and performs its first revue.
- Which date in November is Bonfire Night?
- Which date in November is Remembrance day?
- Which date in November is St Andrew's Day?
Answers to November dates quiz here
November Special Events
See other interesting events that happened in November back
down the years.
If you like this page then please share it with your friends
Try another month, and guess some more dates:
Name That Year • Jan •
• Special Day Events •
Special Day Today •