Answers to July Dates Quiz
- 1690 Battle of the Boyne (Drogheda in Ireland). (50 Years)
- 2002 Steve Fossett first flies solo around the world in a balloon. (5 Years)
- 1884 Dow Jones stock
index launched (40 Years).
- 1844 Last Great Auk killed (Symbol of Man's
stupidity in hunting animals) (40 Years).
- 1837 Grand Junction Railway opened between Birmingham and Liverpool. (World's
first intercity train) (40 Years)
- 1687 Isaac Newton publishes Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica (75 Years).
- 1946 The bikini is introduced (20 Years).
- 1967 Biafran War started by Nigerian forces invading
Biafra (10 Years).
- 1915 Yul Brynner born (15 Years).
- 1796 US State Dept issues first American passport (50 Years).
- 1914 The first US duplicate bridge championship held in America (20 Years).
- 1985 Greenpeace ship Rainbow Warrior sunk in
Auckland New Zealand. 11th 1859 Charles Dickens A Tale Of Two Cities is published (10 Years).
- 1895 The Lumière brothers show their first film (25 Years).
- 1990 Boris Yeltsin resigns from Soviet Communist party (10 Years).
- 1900 The
Boxer uprising in China (20 Years).
- 1958 King Faisal II Prime Minister of Iraq, assassinated in Baghdad (15 Years).
- 1954 First flight of the Boeing 707, the first American jet passenger airliner. (15 Years)
- 1930 Emperor Haile
Selassie signs the first constitution of Ethiopia (20 Years).
- 1965 The Mont Blanc Tunnel joining Italy with France opens (20 Years).
- 1976 Gymnast Nadia Comaneci, scores first ever perfect 10 at the Olympic Games. (8 Years)
The Spanish Armada was sighted in the English Channel (50 Years).
- 1979 The Sandinista rebels overthrow the government of the Somoza family in Nicaragua (15 Years).
- 1881 Sioux Indian leader Sitting Bull, surrenders to federal
troops. (20 Years)
- 1969 Neil Armstrong and '
Aldrin become the first men to walk on the Moon. (10 Years)
- 1934 John Dillinger, American bank robber shot (20 Years).
- 1829 William Austin Burt patents the first typewriter (30 Years).
- 1860 Alfons (Alphonse) Mucha, Czech painter and print-maker was born (20 Years).
- 1978 Louise Brown, the first so-called test-tube, is born (10 Years).
- 1887 Dr Esperanto's
International Language first published.
- 1865 Welsh
settlers arrive in Chubut Valley, Patagonia (Argentina) (30 Years).
- 1794 Maximilien Robespierre is guillotined in Paris France (50 Years).
- 1836 Inauguration of the Arc de Triomphe in Paris (40 Years).
- 1419 First Defenestration of
Prague. 7 Ministers of the council thrown through a window to their death (75 Years).
- 1911 Liberace born (15 Years).
Bonus Answer: Which date in July is Independence Day? Why, July 4th Naturally.
If you like this page then please share it with your friends
Try another month, and guess some more dates:
Name That Year • Jan •
• Special Day Events •
Special Day Today •